Dental Bridges are prosthetic restorations that are used to replace one or more missing teeth. They are used when the adjacent teeth are strong enough to support the prosthetic teeth. A bridge consists of the prosthetic teeth attached to crowns on both sides. This arrangement helps in holding the prosthetic teeth in place, thereby eliminating the chances of its movement.
What are the advantages of dental bridges?
- The major advantage of dental bridges is that they can be placed in just two visits to the dental practice.
- Dental Bridges restore oral functionality in terms of biting and chewing food.
- They help in maintaining the aesthetics of your smile by restoring a complete set of natural teeth.
- They are made from tooth-colored and dental-garde materials such as ceramic, which makes them blend in with the adjoining natural teeth and makes them have a good amount of strength and durability.
- They are permanently set in the mouth so you do not have to take them out to keep them clean and stay healthy.
What is the procedure involved in getting a dental bridge?
Your Dentist in Fort Worth, TX will thoroughly screen your mouth and determine if you need a dental bridge. The dentist will determine if you are a suitable candidate for a dental bridge by checking factors such as jawbone health, number of teeth available, spacing between adjacent teeth, etc. You may qualify for a dental bridge only after all these factors are taken into consideration.
The adjoining teeth on either side of the missing tooth will be prepared for crowns, after which digital impressions will be taken using high tech scanners and sent to a dental laboratory for fabricating the bridge. A temporary bridge will be placed in your mouth until the permanent one is ready.
At a second appointment the temporary bridge will be removed once your permanent bridge is ready. In order to bond the bridge to the adjacent teeth, a dental cement will be used to secure it in place, and you can marvel at your reflection in a mirror.
Are You Ready to Feel Wonderful about Your Smile?SCHEDULE YOUR VISIT